Craft beer connoisseurs at the annual competition, held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, voted Rooftop “Best IPA.” The certified beer judges in the voting panel taste and score the Indiana beers on a point system and may reward brewers for quality and adherence to style. Only one gold, silver and bronze medal are awarded per style category, but the point score must pass a threshold, so some styles may not have medal winners on any given year.
With so many great IPAs in the state, we’re proud of our brew crew for bringing home the gold!
Where to find Rooftop IPA
And though you can’t enjoy a cold beer at the Indiana State Fair–going on now–swing by any of these fine establishments in Indianapolis before or after you hit the ferris wheel to enjoy a gold-medal-winning Rooftop IPA:
- Bakersfield, 334 Massachusetts Ave., 317-635-6962
- Broad Ripple Tavern, 745 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-257-6030
- Bru Burger Bar, 410 Massachusetts Avenue, 317-635-4278
- Hearthstone Coffee House and Pub, 8235 E. 116th St., (in Fishers), 317-436-7049
- Twenty Tap, 5406 N College Ave., 317-602-8840
Rooftop IPA is also on draft at the Bloomington Brewpub at Lennie’s and dozens of restaurants and bars around central and southern Indiana. It’s not yet available in bottles, though we plan to begin small-scale bottling later this year.