Thursday, March 20th marks the final day for Girl Scout Cookie sales in 2014. To end the season in style, Lennie’s and Bloomington Brewing Co. are hosting a Girl Scout Cookie Sale and Free Beer Tasting at the Brewpub from 4-6 p.m.
We have painstakingly been tasting cookies and beer to come up with our pairings, and we are shockingly pleased with the combinations. Come surprise your palate with us–bring some friends, buy some cookies and we’ll set you up with a wide variety of beers for tasting. Try our recommendations or come up with your own!
Here are our Girl Scout Cookie and craft beer pairing suggestions:
- Do-si-dos with Big Stone Stout: Think peanut butter stout. This combo is a dunker.
- Savannah Smiles with Amarillo Pale Ale: The cookie accentuates the citrus character of the Amarillo hop.
- Tagalongs with Imperial Ruby Bloom Amber: Alcohol warmth cuts through the richness of the cookie, and the peanut butter emphasizes the malty sweetness of the beer.
- Thin Mints with Rye IPA: The rye and hops emphasize the mint.
- Trefoils with Quarrymen Pale Ale: Bready sweetness highlights the hop presence in the beer.
- Samoas with Ol’ Floyd’s Belgian Dark Strong Ale: Our favorite paring! Banana esters from the Belgian yeast are a perfect complement to the coconut.
See you Thursday!